|ENT Austin | Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor Austin Tx | Laurence Chu MD |
| Page: Instructions Before Your Operation|
Preoperative Instructions for Outpatient
After surgery is scheduled, the selected surgery center staff will contact you for health information and
Important Guidelines to Review:
- Report any illnesses to Dr. Chu, who might need to postpone surgery if you have a cold, fever or sore
- Wear comfortable clothes to the Hospital/ Surgery center.
- Don’t Wear makeup, so your anesthesiologist can easily monitor your skin tone.
- Bring your medications, including insulin and inhalers.
- Arrange for transportation after surgery. You may need a driver for several days after surgery-including
the trip home from the hospital.
- Have help at home. Depending on the amount and type of anesthesia you receive, you will probably need help
for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- Typically, the night before surgery, nothing to eat or drink (NPO) after midnight. NPO status may change
based on time of surgery and age of patient. Ask Dr. Chu or the Anesthesia preoperative nurse about this.
If you have any questions, please call our office 512-320-9915
To preregister at Bailey Square Surgical Center Click here
New Patient First Visit
Voice and Swallowing
Instructions Before Your Operation
Instructions After Your Operation
Salivary Gland Problems
Signs of Infection or Obstruction
Salivary Gland Home Treatment